Your oral health is one of the most important things you can take care of to make sure that you stay healthy. While visiting the dentist regularly is a significant part of that, taking care of your mouth and teeth at home is necessary, too. Choosing the right products that will help you can be confusing since there are so many products on the market: different kinds of toothpaste, specialized toothbrushes, and even a plethora of mouthwash options can make a trip to the store overwhelming. Here are some tips for choosing the right oral care products:
Your toothbrush is a vital tool. It does the majority of the work when it comes to scrubbing and brushing your teeth, and you can choose between soft, hard, electric, and even sonic brushes that all make promises to deliver you a healthier mouth.
- Dentists typically agree that a brush with soft bristles is best for removing plaque – it does the job without being too hard on your teeth.
- Electric toothbrushes are a great option if you have a hard time with the brushing motion.
- Choose one with a handle that is most comfortable for your hand. The size of the toothbrush should be based on your comfort.
Toothpaste choices encompass whitening properties and tartar control. They can also tackle fresh breath or even include extra fluoride.
- Choosing toothpaste can be a more personal option, and your dentist can help you decide which one is best for your teeth if you need help.
- Try to avoid toothpaste that is abrasive. It can damage the delicate gum tissue around the teeth.
There are a lot of varieties of mouthwash available, but it generally comes in two categories: one that targets cosmetic needs such as stains or bad breath, and one that targets deeper issues, like cavities and tartar. You should choose one that is reflective of the kind of problem areas you are experiencing. Your dentist can help you choose the best kind if you aren’t sure what to pick.
Choosing your oral care products does not have to be a hard decision. By following a few simple steps and choosing what feels right to you, you can be sure that you are getting the best that oral care that you can at home.